PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Facelift
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is exactly what its name suggests. This substance is a by-product of blood (plasma) that is rich in a cell type called platelets. PRP works by encouraging your own body to take advantage of the normal healing pathways at a greatly accelerated rate. During the healing process, the body rushes many cells and cell-types to the wound to initiate the healing process.
Safety: PRP is a by-product of the patient’s own blood. Therefore, disease transmission is not an issue.
Convenience: PRP can be generated in the doctor’s office while the patient is undergoing an outpatient procedure.
Faster healing: The addition of PRP to the wound enhances the release of growth factors, thus producing an increase of tissue synthesis and thus faster tissue regeneration.
Cost effectiveness: Since PRP harvesting is done with only 20 or 60 cc of blood in the doctor’s office, the patient need not incur the hospital or blood bank expense.
Ease of use: PRP is easy for the surgical team to produce and handle.
ADVANTAGES OF PRP
- No artificial substance injected into the face.
- Gets rid of sunken cheeks, wrinkles and lines.
- Adds contour and decreases prominence of nasolabial folds.
- Heightens eye brows and broadens your smile.
- Last for years if not permanent.
- Stimulates your body to build new tissue where injected.
- Your plasma, no side effects.