Who Will Suffer From Menopause?

Menopause is defined as the cessation of fertility cycles in the female body. It is technically in effect when one year has passed since your last menstrual period. Though a natural part of every woman’s life, it often comes with many uncomfortable symptoms. In actuality, only about 25% of women pass through menopause without enduring severe effects of the hormonal change going on within. For the other 75%, hormone therapy may be an option to alleviate the symptoms and reestablish quality of life.

Naturally produced by a woman’s ovaries, the hormones estrogen, testosterone and progesterone begin to decrease in production during menopause. Hormone therapy addresses these diminished hormonal amounts by supplementing them directly. Taken on a balanced regimen, hormone therapy can provide alleviation of hot flashes, sleep disturbances, mood swings, weight gain, thinning hair, and other menopause-related symptoms.

There is one reliable method of safe hormone therapy and that is using bio-identical estrogen, testosterone and progesterone delivered by pellet therapy. Women who have not undergone a hysterectomy will usually require the triple therapy. Women who no longer have a uterus may not need progesterone treatment.

Menopause is a trying time for any woman. Hormone therapy may be able to help you lessen the unfortunate symptoms that come along with it.